JUST SOME OF THE LOCAL FLAVOUR...
The Pink Haus is conveniently situated halfway between Mossel Bay and George on the Garden Route and is only 15 minutes' drive from George Airport.
It faces the Outeniqua Mountains and overlooks Wolwedans Dam.
- Awesome coastal roads and mountain passes to explore by motorbike – on and off road. We can help you put together some great rides and recommend biker friendly restaurants and pubs.
- Botlierskop Nature Reserve is at the top of our road and game can be seen frequently.
- Beaches such as Groot Brakriver beach and Tergniet beach are within 10minutes by car.
- Fishing in the Groot Brakrivier
- Hiking on the Bonniedale, Attakwas, Kouma Fynbos, Zingela and Moordkuil trails, all within a 30 minute drive from the Pink Haus.
- Golf at the exclusive Fancourt Golf Club only 20 minutes away by car and the Compleat Golfer 5 Star winner, Pinnacle Point Golf Course within a half hour drive.
- Whale watching from April to November
- Dining at the Transkaroo award-winning restaurant and a wide selection of beach pubs and restaurants. Alternatively, if you plan on cooking in our open kitchen, we can show you the best places to buy fresh fish, oysters, fresh produce, ostrich and chicken!
- Markets frequently, including antique auctions in the old cinema building, the George Market near the Garden Route Mall and the Wild Oats organic market in Sedgefield every Saturday.
- Museum covering area history.
- Tours of the 100 year old Grasshopper Shoe factory and the old Power Station on Wolwedans Dam. Indigenous tours to the outlying mission stations at Friemersheim and Zoar are also available.
- Days out for the kids at Victoria Heights Bird and Reptile Park in George and Jukani Predator Park in Mossel Bay, very close to the Casino. Jukani have all the big game and cats and you can touch leopards, cheetahs etc. They are also very involved with uplifting their local community and have a running group called Jukani Cheetahs – a group of children they care for and train.